Thursday, November 22, 2012

Deep Calls to Deep Devotion 2

So, do not fear,
for I am with you;
do not be afraid,
For I am your God.
I will strengthen you; 
I help you.
I will hold onto you
with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

The Lord gave me this verse in 1999 when I was stuck in a bad LSD trip.  It's hard to believe that was ever my reality.  I feared being a "vegetable" for the rest of my life.  The demonic hallucinations wouldn't stop.  I would awaken to banging doors ringing through my mind, gripped with fear.  I begged my mom to pray for me at 3 a.m.  She simply asked, "God, please help Dawn."

I turned on all the lights in our living room, laid on the couch, and turned on the T.V.  I had never watched Christian television before, but landed on Cornerstone T.V., the Pittsburgh area Christian station.  Calming scenes of fields, sheep and rivers showed one after another.  Then, Scriptures began to show.  Isaiah 41:10 was one of them.  "Do not fear...I will help you."  Peace enveloped me and I slept.

When we have these divine encounters, these spiritual awakenings, it seems that they are one time events.  There are many times since then that the Lord has brought this Scripture across my path, but it has never been as clear of a dividing line of light and darkness as it was in the fall of 1999; however, I've learned since 1999 that this Scripture is true everyday. 

Today, on this Thanksgiving, I am impacted by the portion, "I will strengthen you," written before, "I will help you."  Day to day, He first strengthens us as He helps us.  If He didn't give us strength day to day while He helps, we would lose courage and shrink back.  Today cling to His strength and know it is there because He IS helping you.

Power Verse
1 Corinthians 1:4
He comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any kind of affliction, through the comfort we ourselves receive from God.


No comments:

Post a Comment