Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Deep Calls to Deep Devotion 1



Psalm 109:1-5

God of my praise, do not be silent.

For wicked and deceitful mouths open against me;
they speak against me with lying tongues.

They surround me with hateful words
and attack me without cause.

In return for my love they accuse me,
but I continue to pray.

They repay me evil for good,
and hatred for my love.

Have you ever experienced what the Psalmist experienced?  Wicked, deceitful lies spoken about you?  Hateful words surrounding you?  Have you been attacked without cause?  Have you spread love with a sincere heart only to be accused of being fake?  Have you been good to people and they've been evil back?  Have you done something special for someone, out of a pure heart of love, only to be hated?  I've been there.  It's so painful.  It makes me want to hide back in a shell, to cower.  Then I remember, "That's not who God created me to be."  That's not who God created YOU to be.

He created you to be "as bold as a lion."  He created you to receive massive love from Him that will enable you to pour it out.  He created you to stand for justice.  He created you to pray.

Prayer is the key to getting through lies spoken about you as you take your stand for truth.  When deceit is coming against you, half-truths, manipulation; pray.  When hateful words linger above your head, repeat in your mind over and over; pray.  When you are attacked verbally in hasty zealousness; pray.  When you are hated; pray.  

Prayer changes people's hearts.  It activates God to action.  It discharges angels.  Most importantly, it gives you divine interaction.  In prayer, you hear from God, giving you strength to be hated.  When you quiet yourself and listen, His presence comes in; His truth.  One Word from God, one gentle touch, and all else fades.  The voices, the noise, the lies, the chatter, all fade into the background.  It's just you and God.  Now, before you face the day, filled with accusations and hate, "continue to pray," and walk fully in His peace, as the lies bounce of your warrior chest.  

Power Verses

Proverbs 28:1
The righteous flee when no one is pursuing them, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.

2 Corinthians 10:5
...taking every thought captive to obey Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment