Monday, November 26, 2012

Deep Calls to Deep Devotion 4 "God Speaking"

"A cheerful  heart is good medicine."
Proverbs 17:22a  

Sometimes the Lord sets us free; He miraculously heals us.  Other times, we walk it out.  I'm walking my fears out.

I am having an invasive heart study and ablation tomorrow.  While this is not fearful for others, one who struggles with fear of untimely death such as myself, has a huge problem facing this.  But...God.

God is meeting me.  He is speaking.  He is overwhelming me with His presence.  I welcome Him and He floods in.  He understands my fears and He's not mad at me, but, He's having me face them full on.

Last night, the email devotion I receive from Wondherful, was titled, "Your heart is beating, but is it laughing?"  My heart is not laughing because it is bound in fear, but it will laugh.  God was meeting me through the devotion.  He hears.  He says, "Your heart will laugh, my daughter."  

Today, my daily Scripture from Light For the Day was, "A cheerful heart is good medicine," Proverbs 17:22a.  God is speaking.  He is saying, "Here I am; my medicine is good."

A few weeks ago when I sat down to speak with my electrophysiologist about the test and surgery, I turned my head to the left.  Tucked away in the back room of his office, among copiers and filing cabinets was a wooden sign that simply said, "Jesus."  He is with me.

We can choose to look for God in all circumstances; to have eyes of faith or we can cling to doubt and fear. We can call things coincidences or we can recognize it as, "God winking."  This is Him. This is my creator.  Loving me, calling out to me, saying, "I am with you."

Today, I'm reminded of the Mandisa song, "God Speaking."

Have you ever heard a love song, that set your spirit free?
Have you ever watched a sunrise and felt you could not breathe?
What if it's Him?
What if it's God speaking?

Have you ever cried a tear that you could not explain?
Have you ever met a stranger who already knew your name?
What if it's Him?
What if it's God speaking?

Who knows how He’ll get ahold of us?
Get our attention to prove He is enough.
He’ll do, and He’ll use whatever He wants to.
To tell us, I Love You.

Dear friend, He is with you.  He hears you.  He hears you when you don't understand.  He hears you when you are at the end of your rope, when you're exhausted, when you have no one to turn to.  He is not far.  He is near.  He is near to me and He is near to you, in the greatest of tragedy and in the minute seconds of the day.

Hear Him calling.  Here Him speaking.  Open the door.

Power Verses
"Look, I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your deliverance." Psalm 13:5

"Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh." Luke 6:21b

No comments:

Post a Comment