Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Rob Bell, Heretic or Pioneer?

I am not threatened that my God will be proved a liar. I am not threatened that someone else has truth that I do not have. I. am. not. threatened.

Maybe that is why I'm not in an uproar when people begin to question their faith. Jesus said, "Seek and you shall find." I'm not scared that Jesus will not meet someone full on when they are seeking Truth with all their heart.

Often we hide how we are really feeling, the questions that lurk in our heart, because we don't want to face the ugliness, the uncertainty head on. We defend what we are taught instead of seeking out to KNOW what we believe.

I am going to read Rob Bell's new book. I have read many commentaries already by people who have never read the book. ("Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry." James 1:19) I have already heard people self proclaim that they are righteously angry as Jesus was when he turned over the money changing tables, again without having read the book.

So, today I ordered it from Amazon. When I am done reading, weighing, and possibly enjoying, I will post my convictions.

Yes, I am a God seeker.
Yes, I believe my sins are forgiven by Jesus.
No, I am not a universalist.
Yes, I know Scripture.
Yes, I am reading, Love Wins.


"It is the glory of God to conceal a matter and the glory of kings to investigate a matter." Proverbs 25:2


4 comments:

  1. I am proud of you for sharing your thoughts. And I am proud of you for starting a blog. Go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, guys! I'm so happy you two are following me! I'm new to this, so I may need some guidance :-) I am having a hard time following yours, Becky. How do I do it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! i am SO EXCITED that you are starting this!! Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete